Saturday, June 17, 2006

Saltless Rasam and a poem

As I opened my lunch box (yes, I do take one to office daily) I could smell the wonderful deepfried potatoes, crunchy with the masala. I took a spoonful of potatoes along with the rasam sadham, and was shocked. The rasam tasted like water. Using my spoon to mix it up further didn't improve it. Slowly I realised that there was no salt in the Rasam. I sat staring at the lunchbox, wondering what to do. As usual, my favorite poet, Barathi came to my rescue. Though I doubt, whether he would have approved of this parody of his poem I wrote and sent to my wife.

நல்லதோர் உருளை செய்தே
அதை உப்பிலா ரசத்துடன் தருவதுண்டோ?
சொல்லடி அலமேலு! என்னைப்
பட்டினியாய் இங்கே கிடக்க வைத்தாய்.
ஊறுகாய் தாராயோ, இந்த
நாக்கிலும் சுவை கொஞ்சம் தெரிவதற்கே.

No translations for this

17 comments:

Unknown said...

ROTFL.

Kowshic said...

You should try your hand at tamil nursery rhymes....that's friggin' hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

how do i read the thamizh properly? i am in firefox and it is coming interspersed with wierd characters.

Anonymous said...

LOL ! and wat was the reply?

Chenthil said...

D.N.A, thanks for appreciating my skills :-)

Anon, you have to tweak firefox a little. google and find out.

Ashok, she just laughed it off. and appreciated my rhyme :-)

Vidya, i ate the saltless rasam sadham. Not very finicky about my food :-)

Anonymous said...

Not very finicky about my food :-)
not very finicky about food,post-marriage :)

Jayaprakash Sampath said...

Chen, you'll have to do the tweak in your template.

in the template file, remove the following.

text-align: justify;

Chenthil said...

Prakash, thanks. Done the tweaking

Syam said...

kavitha kavitha nadu nadula perungaayam,kaduku,karivepillai ellam potukanum .... :-)

The Talkative Man said...

In fact, I recollect a classmate in my childhood days who used to eat saltless curdrice thinking it will make him fair(he actually had white skin)

Pavals said...

adi vilugalayo

The ramblings of a shoe fiend said...

I'm just glad my husband isn't a gastro-poet.

Chenthil said...

Syam, adhellam sari. mudhalla uppu podattum.

TTM - by that token, I must have taken lot of salt to achieve my present colour.

Raasaa - she actually liked the poem :-).

SF- gastropoet, I like that. And that comment tells a lot, doesn't it :-)

Anonymous said...

your thamizh is no longer wierd. thanks.

D LordLabak said...

lol...
didnt come here for long since I thought you were on a break. This is nice surprise.:-)

Visithra said...

the poem was briliant

Shankar & Parvathy said...

Hi Chenthil, that was a nice take on 'Nallathor Veenai seithe..' I hope Bharathi forgives you for the humour content it has!

As such, this is my first time to your blog and found it very interesting. But just got a doubt: When you're so much in to Tamil, why do you spell your name as 'Chenthil'? Shouldn't it be Senthil? Or are you into numerology too?