Saturday, July 09, 2005

Rarest of occurrences

Yesterday was my turn to look after my daughter, as my Mother has gone out of station. On the way home, I was caught in the rarest of occurrences in Chennai, a downpour. Yes, downpour as in rain falling down in bid droplets, not the regular fleeting drizzle. Chennai rains last a maximum of 15 minutes (I can hear the snickering from Mumbai), and it is such a rare thing, that I decided not to miss it.

Riding full speed in the rain, smiling condescendingly at those who have stopped their vehicels and taken shelter, singing offkey "Chinna Chinna Mazhaith Thuligal Sethu vaippeno", feeling the sharp stinging rain on the face, the road hardly visible through my clouded glasses, drenched fully in the 15 minutes, ... life is worth living.

Another beauty of the Chennai rains is, by the time you reach your destination, the rain would have stopped, so you will be drenched wet but the sun would be shining brightly and everyone in the street will be trhowing curious glances at you.

4 comments:

Balaji said...

first time here... liked the chennai trivia questions...

Ganesh said...

First time here
came through praveen
very nice blog

Chenthil said...

Thanks Balaji, Ganesh.

Chakra said...

hmm.. Chennaiyil oru mazhai kaalam.. ?