Monday, August 06, 2007

One True Sentence is all you need

Sometimes when I was starting a new story and I could not get it going, I would sit in front of the fire and squeeze the peel of the little oranges into the edge of the flame and watch the splutter of blue that they made. I would stand and look out over the roofs of Paris and think, "Do not worry. You have always written before and you will write now. All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know." So finally I would write one true sentence, and go on from there
Ernest Hemingway, A Moveable Feast

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waiting for that first true sentence of yours.......

First comment.....:)

Pro Wrestling Fan said...

You have an eclectic taste when it comes to books. I wish I had such a wide range of knowledge. I envy you Chenthil. Great work. But please blog regularly for the sake of readers like me. :)

Kris

Chenthil said...

Hi Anon, so you waited till I quit my job to comment :-).

Krishnan - thanks for the kind words. Due to shifting to Tuticorin, blogging would be sporadic, and replying to comments even more so.

And if any of the dedicated readers catch me on gtalk, it might not be me :-).

Pro Wrestling Fan said...

Hi Chen, I'll be in Tuticorin on 31st. I would love to meet you in person. Is that okay for you? I don't know your mail id. Please get back to me. :)

Ravages/CC said...

A true sentence could be the most elusive thing, then.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chenthil - This is for you

http://www.hindu.com/2007/08/17/stories/2007081750860200.htm

Check the contents and click on the link in there.

Take Care

Anonymous said...

http://www.hindu.com/2007/08/17/stories/
2007081750860200.htm

complete link.